Calling for Applications: JWB Singapore Summer PR and Operations Fellowship 2018
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Justice Without Borders: Singapore Summer PR & Operations Fellowship 2018
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is accepting applications for a Summer Public Relations & Operations Fellowship in the Singapore office. Please click here for more information.
The Fellow will primarily assist with the messaging and mechanics of our regional organisation. Projects will focus on public relations, development and fundraising, outreach, event planning and execution, information technology, and supporting our staff generally. The Fellow will have the opportunity to coordinate with partners across the region, including Indonesia, the Philippines and Hong Kong, among others.
Please note that the Fellowship is a professional engagement, with students treated as junior staff in the organization. While experience with migrant worker issues is a plus, it is not required. We are looking for people who are interested in our issue area, are self-motivated, can work in a team and are not afraid to take on new challenges outside of their comfort zone.
About Justice Without Borders
JWB is a not-for-profit organisation that supports victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking in seeking just compensation against their abusers, even after returning home. Operating at the regional level, we work with local service organisations along key migration routes to ensure victims can access legal assistance, wherever they are.
In Singapore, JWB develops the networks, knowledge and know-how needed to bring cross-border litigation. We work with local service organisations to screen cases for potential civil claims and with lawyers to both develop cases and conduct strategic legal research that will help clarify currently unsettled areas of the law. We have already assisted locally qualified lawyers in obtaining successful settlements for multiple clients, and we are in the process of developing new cross-border cases for clients with outstanding legal claims.
- 40 hours per week in the summer at JWB’s office, with priority given to those who can commit to a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Available from 25 June 2018 to 3 August 2018. Applicants who can start earlier or end later are welcome.
- Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work well in a team, managing tasks assigned to the entire group.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines.
- Self-directed, ability to take initiative and actively address issues that come up in the flow of work.
- Have their own laptop with Microsoft Office products and ability to communicate via web applications (email, calendar) throughout the day.
- JWB treats its Fellows as professionals and entrusts high levels of responsibility in them accordingly.
Welcome but not required
- Skills or interest in graphic design.
- Skills or interest in video production and photography.
- Experience in or a student of mass communications or public relations.
- Speaking and writing ability in Bahasa Indonesia or Tagalog.
- Knowledge of website and social media tools, including WordPress, Twitter and Facebook.
This is an unpaid fellowship.
Please submit a one-page cover letter, CV and a writing sample of no more than ten (10) pages to Yee Suan Poon at email@example.com.
Applications are due 30 APRIL 2018.
Questions about the Fellowship? E-mail us today.