JWB INDONESIA IS CALLING FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER LEGAL FELLOWSHIPS 2018
Justice Without Borders is opening a 6-8 weeks Summer Fellowship program in our Indonesia office, based in Depok.
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is a not-for-profit organization that supports victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking in seeking just compensation against their abusers. JWB has offices in Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia.
JWB’s Indonesia office main function is to work with grassroots organisations on Indonesian migrant workers’ cases.
The Fellow will assist with legal projects and PR and operational projects.
Fellows will gain hands-on experience in:
- Fact-finding skills;
- Managing real migrant worker cases;
- Conflict of Laws and Common Law practicing skills and experiences. Most of our cases are in jurisdictions outside of Indonesia
- Working with legal practitioners from Singapore and Hong Kong
- 40 hours per week in the summer at JWB’s office, with priority given to those who can commit to a minimum of 6 weeks.
Requirements for prospective fellows:
- Law students are preferred, and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Fluent in English, with strong written and verbal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Able to work in a team
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work with multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Graphic design, content creating and website developing skills are a plus.
- Interest and skills in translation between English and Bahasa Indonesia is a plus.
To apply please send your CV, cover letter, and a writing sample of no more than 10 pages before 23 April 2018 to Sri Aryani at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Fellowship? E-mail us today.
For more information, visit: www.forjusticewithoutborders.org and our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/forjusticewithoutborders