Have professional skills and some free time? Join JWB and help us build access to just compensation for all! Check this page regularly for our priority needs. We are always looking for those with legal, PR, artistic, and language skills (Bahasa Indonesia especially).
Justice Without Borders (JWB) is welcoming applications for its Fall Legal Fellowship programmes in its Hong Kong office. Fellows will engage in legal projects on behalf of victims of labour exploitation and human trafficking, covering Hong Kong and other countries in the region. As a Fellow, you will take on an active role in one or more projects that include: working with front-line NGOs and pro bono lawyers to identify and prepare cases for potential litigation, strategic legal research to support future litigation, and preparing training courses, among other daily tasks common to a small regional organization. You will also have the opportunity to coordinate with partners across the region, including Indonesia, the Philippines and Singapore, among others.
- Fall Legal Fellow: up to 10 hours per week. Priority will be given to those who can commit to both Fall 2017 and Winter 2018 Semesters, from September 2017 to May 2018.
- Fluency in English, with strong written and oral communications skills;
- Strong legal research and writing skills;
- Ability to work well in a team, managing tasks assigned to the entire group;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines;
- Good time management skills;
- Self-directed, ability to take initiative and actively address issues that come up in the flow of work;
- Have their own laptop with Microsoft Office products and ability to communicate via web applications (email, calendar) throughout the day; and
- Professionalism. JWB treats its Fellows as professionals and entrusts high levels of responsibility in them accordingly.
Please submit a one-page cover letter, CV and a writing sample of no more than 10 pages to both Douglas MacLean at email@example.com and Amelie Desjardins at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due Friday August 25th 2017